Whether you’re a new Guidewire developer preparing for a Guidewire implementation or an experienced developer looking to hone your skills, Guidewire Education has a variety of courses to enhance competencies and instill confidence. The following sections provide more details about Guidewire’s top courses for developers and the value they provide.
Click a topic below to jump to that section:
1. New and Updated Training Courses for Developers
Expand your proficiency with the following courses that cover important topics related to new features (by ski release), fundamentals, and analytics. “New Features” courses include knowledge checks that will update your certifications when completed successfully.
Hakuba New Features Courses
- BillingCenter: Multi-currency and foreign exchange support for global commercial lines
- ClaimCenter: New Autopilot Workflow Service for claims automation
- PolicyCenter: New APD modifiers, quote service, cloud rules, rating, and financials
- InsuranceSuite Developer: New observability tools, cloud assurance processes, and GCC features
- InsuranceSuite Integration: Updates to PolicyCenter APIs, App Events, and the integration framework
- InsuranceNow: Core and Go product enhancements, along with new tools and framework
- Data and Analytics: How Cyence Model 6 helps navigate the cyber-threat landscape better
- DataHub and InfoCenter Integration: Updates for security and safe-to-import object naming proven practices
- InfoCenter Configuration: Safe-to-import object naming practices for InfoCenter analytics
- EnterpriseEngage: Jutro Design System updates and Maintenance page
Additional New or Updated Courses
- PolicyCenter Introduction (1 day): Accelerated course on key PolicyCenter features for Inception Readiness (instructor-led only)
- ClaimCenter Introduction (1 day): Accelerated course on key ClaimCenter features for Inception Readiness (instructor-led only)
- BillingCenter Introduction (1 day): Accelerated course on key BillingCenter features for Inception Readiness (instructor-led only)
- Developing with Guidewire Cloud: Learn about the different components on Guidewire Cloud Platform
- Guidewire Testing Framework Basics: Learn about the Guidewire load testing framework using GT: Load
- PolicyCenter Basics: Explore PolicyCenter functionality more deeply (instructor-led only)
- ClaimCenter Basics: Explore ClaimCenter functionality more deeply (instructor-led only)
- BillingCenter Basics: Explore BillingCenter functionality more deeply (instructor-led only)
- PolicyCenter Configuration: Describe the configuration considerations for APD products.
- InsuranceSuite Cloud Integration Basics: Get to know the basics needed when performing integration in the Guidewire Cloud
- InsuranceSuite App Events: Learn about using App Events to build faster and better integrations
- Advanced Product Designer: Learn about modifers and merging multiline editions
- InsuranceSuite Integration Data Manager: Learn how to store third-party data outside of InsuranceSuite applications
- Data and Analytics Overview: Learn about Guidewire data and analytics products and education options
- Jutro Design System Developer Fundamentals: Learn about Jutro Design System’s component library and custom styling
- EnterpriseEngage Developer Fundamentals: Learn about Jutro Design System’s component library and custom styling
- Mastery – Guidewire Advanced Search for Cloud: Use Guidewire Advanced Search for Cloud to find policies and claims
- Mastery – Rating Overview: Learn about the architecture and components of Guidewire Rating in a nutshell
- Mastery – Configuring Data Masking: Learn to set up Guidewire Data Masking to protect personal information
- Mastery – Masking Production Data: Protect personally identifiable information (PII) using Data Masking
2. How Do I Get Started?
As a developer, you can start with courses that introduce Guidewire product features, methodology, tools, and how to maximize product value.
You should complete the Introduction course that fits the product you support. Even if you have years of experience, this training is valuable for understanding the impact that code changes can have on baseline product functionality. This will also help you provide better support for business requirements.
Click the link to view the description, duration, and agenda of each of the following courses:
- Guidewire Cloud Overview: End-to-end demo of Guidewire Cloud products
- SurePath Overview: Review the Guidewire SurePath guided implementation approach for fast, predictable activities
- InsuranceSuite Implementation Tools: Review available tools to support implementation activities.
- Maximizing Product Value: Learn about prompt, strategic decision-making during implementation to improve project success and reduce risk
- Digital Experiences for P&C Insurance: Learn about digital transformation and experience-driven software development
- Enterprise Engage Introduction: See where EnterpriseEngage products fit within the Guidewire product suite
- Guidewire Testing Framework Overview: Explore the test automation framework for Guidwire Cloud Platform
- Data and Analytics Overview: Learn to set up Guidewire Data Masking to protect personal information
- PolicyCenter Introduction: Create, modify, and manage policies and accounts in PolicyCenter
- PolicyCenter Rating Introduction: Use PolicyCenter to manage rating information
- ClaimCenter Introduction: Define business requirements for a ClaimCenter project
- BillingCenter Introduction: Create, modify, and manage invoices and payments
3. How Do I Build Platform Skills?
After getting a good baseline of learning about product features and implementation considerations, you’ll move on to our platform curriculum and earn your first certification — Guidewire Certified Associate!
This learning phase is critical for developers to support the health of Guidewire products. These courses enhance skills with platform-level functionality and best practices to empower you to build cloud-ready, scalable, future-proofed solutions.
The 5-day InsuranceSuite Developer Fundamentals course provides essential information on the key platform capabilities for InsuranceSuite. The course also covers best practices when developing on Guidewire Cloud.
Check out the Developer Fundamentals FAQ for more details.
4. How Do I Deepen Expertise for My Role?
For more expertise, you can continue with courses specific to your product and role. Learn about product-specific capabilities, then apply your new knowledge to real-world scenarios to build confidence and proficiency. Here are the most popular courses to increase your product knowledge:
Integrate and exchange information with other enterprise applications using industry techniques and Guidewire tools such as Guidewire Studio, basic syntax, Gosu, document management systems, and Integration Framework.
Configure entities, locations, revisioning, underwriting, authority profiles, validation, permissions, activities, job flows, and rules.
Configure user interfaces, Gosu rules, business model, contacts, claims, transactions, financial holds, service requests, searches, histories, and permissions.
Configure workflow, business rules, and how to extend business rule capabilities using Gosu plugins.
Thank you for your dedication to learning the best practices and delivering future-proofed solutions as a Guidewire developer!
You can access complete learning paths and courses online 24/7 by logging in to education.guidewire.com. Once you are logged in, select My Learning > My Learning Paths and then choose the appropriate subscription. You can also learn more about the certification program options.
About the Author
Technical Writer and Editor